Thursday, August 7, 2008

Gym Talking

I have discussed before the woman at the gym I have tabbed "Old Yeller." She talks, groans, and moans during her workouts... and LOUDLY. It's quite annoying. She has been out lately. I heard she has an injury. Oh how sad....

Well, today I noticed an older guy (in his 60's I would guess) running (and stumbling) along on the treadmill. I didn't pay much attention except I did notice him since I have not seen him before.

A little later I was sitting on a bike and I heard somebody behind me say something that sounded like "forty-five... wow" I looked at the clock and it was about 5:35 so I figured he was talking to someone else about how early it was in the morning or something. I didn't think much more of it... until I heard it again AND LOUDER.

"Forty-five... WOOOOOO." Then "thirty-two woooooooooo." It continued for a few minutes but I just couldn't figure out what he was talking about. I was looking at the TV screens trying to see something with numbers as I thought maybe he was watching some TV show but the only screen with numbers was the local weather and there ain't nothing about 32 or 45 in those reports! I have seen some treadmills that show laps around a track but not these treadmills. I have heard people who check their RPMs, their calories, and their heart rate. However, none of those should be 32 or 45. Strange, eh!?

He stopped after a few minutes and left... and I still don't know what the heck he was yelling about. However, whatever it was he was sure excited about it! I hope he does NOT come back to my gym!

peace out.

No comments: